YDPG18 Custom Rom (v1.2) does this mean shorter battery life?

YDPG18 Custom Rom (v1.2) does this mean shorter battery life?

photek
With the new YDPG18 Custom Rom (v1.2) it says the default clock speed is 850MHz  does this mean  more strain on the battery so battery life will be shorted as well??
I am thinking about updating to this custom rom but  i only seem to get about 1 and a half too 2 hours ( that's being generous ) game-play time out of a charge.

So if their is more strain on the battery with the new custom rom being set at a higher clock speed   would i get even less playtime out of a charge??

Any thoughts or ideas

Re: YDPG18 Custom Rom (v1.2) does this mean shorter battery life?

Gadgetmiser
This would sound right to me. Can anyone verify?

Re: YDPG18 Custom Rom (v1.2) does this mean shorter battery life?

shizzleslick
Sounds correct to me too. But anyway, does anyone opened this G18 and took a closer look to the battery? Would like to know the dimensions and specifications ... and if it is easy to replace ... maybe exchange with a batt with more Ampere.